Seeing all of these too-similar neo-modernist apartment buildings going up in Atanta makes me wonder if the architects
could shake it up a bit.
Then I found this building in West Hollywood by architects Lorcan O’ Herlihy. MOCA in LA calls the movement new sculpturalism and I like where its going.
The double facade gives depth and movement to the design and also provides sun shading. The developer also allocated part of the site for a public park. It is only an 11 unit building, which is a nice scale that doesn’t overwhelm the neighborhood.
- Owl be darned! Cool neighbourhood sand scupture (sqwabb.wordpress.com)
- Candle lit darkness (nialloydroberts.wordpress.com)
- L’OBSERVATOIRE, by clp architects (archiframe.wordpress.com)
- Oslo: PHOTOS (findingmidgard.wordpress.com)
- Tips on How to Find an Architect (architecture.answers.com)
- The Most Famous American Architects of All Time (architecture.answers.com)
- Duro Olowu (mayoushka.wordpress.com)
- #mup #MasterofUrbanPhotography (transnationalplanning.wordpress.com)